Foundations for Literate Youth Internship Opportunity
If you’re interested in literacy, Foundations for Literate Youth might have the perfect internship for you. The organization needs a tutor to deliver a literacy program to six or seven 6th graders Monday through Thursday, 4-6pm. The position pays $20/hour. I’ve listed some of the responsibilities below, but please download the intern description (PDF) for more details.
Position Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
- Helps to plan literacy programming
- Administer Diagnosis Reading Assessment (DRA)
- Administer Complete Writing Assessment (CWA)
- Review ELA data provided by the school
- Provides one-on-one and small group instruction in reading, writing and active listening
- Escort children from their school to the center for Literacy services
- Implements curriculum and education plan for each student
- Develops relationships with students, families and school staff
- Submits attendance records to Program Director
- Accompanies students on educational trips and enrichment projects
- Makes frequent contact with school teachers and guidance counselors and families to ensure youngsters participation in program
- Maintains attendance records on assigned children
- May be required to drive a van to transport children off site.